Sunday, January 23, 2011

Capitol Hemp Carrying Missing Links in D.C.

So my hemp activist girlfriend (and film director), Melissa Balin, was in town and dragged me to a fabulous store in D.C., Capitol Hemp.  I was fascinated.  They had great winter jackets made of Hemp, lined with faux fur made of Hemp.  They had all sorts of reading options and educational material on how Hemp Can Save The Planet, and, after checking out a few of my blown glass jewelry pieces, they told me if I could make some necklaces out of hemp, they would carry them in their store.

Well, I instantly stocked up on Hemp twine in yellow, orange, red, brown, and in a tannish color which seems to be the most natural of the options.  It was really difficult work, and my finger tips still are a little sensitive, but they came out fabulous.  Each piece is littered with semi-precious stones and celebrates the use of the hemp with tassels, beads created from hemp, or basic knots in between the stones.  I wish now that I had taken some photos before they purchased them from me, but you can find them by stopping by and visiting Capitol Hemp in Adams Morgan at:

Washington, DC has Capitol Hill, and now it has Capitol Hemp- two stores 
dedicated to offering the highest quality products made from Industrial Hemp.


1802 Adams Mill Road, NW  
downstairs from the Starbucks.


or you could visit their other store in Chinatown
at
519 H Street, NW



 
   
So, now, I'm officially stocked in a store in D.C.  Hemp, hemp, hooray!  Much more to come.

Lisa Lindo
www.missinglinksfound.com
Ebay search words 'Lisa Lindo Missing Links'
or emails us at:
www.missinglinksfound@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment